My vision - where do we start
- FULL SCALE FINANCIAL AUDIT OF COUNCIL.
- GREATER TRANSPARENCY IN OPERATIONS.
- RESTRAIN COUNCIL SPENDING
- RESTORING SOUTHPORT TO A THRIVING CBD
- FURTHER BEAUTIFICATION OF CBD AND SURROUNDING AREAS
The Major Projects department at the GCCC has published a document entitled the "Central Southport Master Plan". It is filled with wonderful plans and ideas and it undoubtedly cost ratepayers a fortune to put together:
An impressive and professional document which provides details of WHAT could be done but not much on HOW or HOW MUCH or WHEN. Future funds must be earmarked, if not immediately available, to keep the ball rolling on delivering these promised improvements in a timely and cost effective manner. Further consultation with various stakeholders may be necessary to ensure that they are indeed to the benefit of all and costed appropriately.
- USE SPENDING FOR COMMONWEALTH GAMES TO BENEFIT OUR DIVISION FOR THE LONG TERM.